Learn how to change payment method on Spotify in a few simple steps. Whatever devices you are using, this article will help you modify your Spotify payment method. This article will explain how to change your payment method on Spotify on your computer, phone, or tablet and enjoy your music.
Music is a language of the soul and a language of the universe. It can uplift, inspire, comfort, and connect us with others. But nowhere music is not free. If we want to enjoy unlimited music, we must pay for it. As a result, sometimes we need to change our payment methods to clear our transactions per our needs. There may be several reasons. You have a new credit card/ bank card, want to switch payment methods from monthly to yearly or have a currency issue. So, how to change payment method on Spotify?
Here, we will explain how to change payment method on Spotify in detail. Whatever devices you use to play Spotify, we will explore each method. Whether it is a computer, phone, tablet, or iPhone, we will cover everything here regarding how to change payment method on Spotify. So, let us dive deep into how to change payment method on Spotify and get unlimited music.
How To Change Payment Method on Spotify – Procedure
Let us explore the comprehensive details about the procedure of how to change payment method on Spotify:
Log in to your account page: First, log into your account page on the official website of Spotify using a device like a computer, android/ios, or tablet to access your payment details. Enter your username or email as per the requirement and enter your password. You can reset your password by clicking the link below the login button if you have forgotten it. To log in, enter your username or email and your password.
Update your payment method.: After logging in, here is your account overview. Under Your plan, you will see your current payment method and subscription type. To change your payment method, follow the steps:
- Click on UPDATE. It is next to your payment method
- You will be redirected to a page where you can enter a new payment method
Spotify offers multiple payment methods like credit cards, debit cards, prepaid cards, PayPal, gift cards, mobile Payments, and pay-as-you-want. So, you can choose according to your requirements, need, region/country, or available currency.
To see the payment methods available where you are, go to the official website and continue through to the checkout.
When you add a new payment method, some providers may issue a temporary authorization charge to verify your account.
This charge will be refunded within a few days. After entering your new payment method, click CHANGE PAYMENT DETAILS to confirm the change.
Enjoy your music: It must be noted that your modified payment method will take effect from your next billing date.
- After successful changes, you will receive an email confirmation from Spotify.
You can also check your payment history on your account page on the official website to see the details of your payments. Now you can enjoy your music without any interruption.
Also, If you want to change your Spotify subscription plan, here is how you can do it:
Changing the subscription plan means going from monthly to yearly or from premium to free. You can change your subscription plan on your account page as well.
- Just go to Your plan and click on CHANGE PLAN.
- You will see the available options for your subscription
- Now you can choose the right plan for you as per your needs.
Payment Method Available On Spotify
We have gone through how to change payment method on Spotify. Let us explore how many payment methods Spotify offer. Spotify accepts various payment methods for its premium subscription, and the available payment methods of Spotify may vary depending on the country or region of a subscriber. To check the available payment methods, you need to go to the official website of Spotify and keep through to the checkout. Some of the most common payment methods are:
- Credit/debit card: You can use a credit or debit card issued by Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover. The card must be published in the same country as your Spotify account. You can also use a prepaid card from these providers.
- PayPal: You can use PayPal to pay for Spotify Premium. PayPal is a secure online payment service that allows you to link your bank account or credit/debit card to your PayPal account. You can also use PayPal balance or PayPal Credit if available.
- Gift cards: You can use gift cards to pay for Spotify Premium. Gift cards are prepaid vouchers that you can buy online or in stores. They have a code that you can redeem on Spotify’s website. Gift cards are available in different denominations and currencies.
- Mobile Pay: You can use your mobile phone to pay for Spotify Premium. This means the charge is added to your phone bill at the transaction time. It would help if you had a compatible phone network and plan to use this option.
- Pay as you go: You can use Pay as you go to pay for Spotify Premium. This means that you pay for each month of Spotify Premium separately. You don’t need to enter payment details or sign up for a recurring subscription. You need to have enough balance on your account to pay for each month.
Frequently Asked Questions
In this article, we have gone through how to change payment method on Spotify. The procedure for changing Spotify’s payment method is simple. It is simple and easy, but you must know the steps correctly. You can do it conveniently on every device, having an internet browser.
Log into your account; you need to update your payment method, and after doing that, confirm it. Now all done! But the modified payment method will not work instantly and will take effect with your next date.
Spotify offers multiple payment methods like credit/bank/gift cards, PayPal, mobile Pay, etc., and you can choose any from them as per your need and ease. So, it is all about that how to change your payment method on Spotify and making sure that your music will never stop.